Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Bump Day: 40 Weeks! (Aka. Due Date)


Happy ‘my due date’ everybody! Turns out 39 weeks wasn’t my last Bump Day photo shoot afterall, and here I am at 40 weeks, still just as pregnant as ever. 
One of the adjectives I’d use to describe myself is ‘punctual’. Perhaps baby boy will take after me and be one of the 5 % of babies who are born right on schedule. My body is showing a few positive signs that labor is imminent, but I also have a ‘membrane sweep’ scheduled for Friday to help move things along. In the meantime, I’m going for long walks, drinking raspberry leaf tea, and a myriad of other home induction remedies that are too personal to share;) 
My mom arrived in Scotland on Monday, so I’m simultaneously feeling more relaxed and also more pressure about baby boy’s arrival. She traveled a long way to see his sweet face and I know she is anxious to meet him and also learn her newest grandson’s name, but for now she’ll have to settle for playing photographer for my Bump Day pics. 

Baby boy is still measuring small, but his growth is about 2 weeks behind the average baby, which seems to be par for the course for him personally. We had an ultrasound on Friday which showed him measuring about the same size as a 37 week gestation baby. This could have him weighing potentially over 6 pounds at this point, so those premie clothes we were told to buy might not get used after all. 

I do feel like my bump is quite small compared to most women at this point in pregnancy, but I’m trying not to dwell on it too much. Most babies have really stopped growing at this point anyway and instead are just packing on the pounds. Plus, my midwife said that since my baby has dropped so much, it's natural for my bump to look and measure smaller than it actually is. Here is what my bump looks like 40 weeks in. 



I won't jinx it this week by saying 'maybe this will be my last bump day'. I'll just promise to keep you posted if we meet baby sooner than 41 weeks! 

3 comments:

  1. Okay the 2nd to last picture really does look like you put a soccer ball under your dress. Cracks me up. You are just too adorable to be so pregnant! Also, your pups are looking quite nice in preparation for their newest family member. So excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You still look beautiful!. Praying for a safe and healthy delivery and baby. BTW...they thought both of my kids were little and out came almost 9 lb babies..so, you just never know. Can't wait to see pics of your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you! You are going to be an amazing and wonderful mommy!
    -Jess Clark Riddle

    ReplyDelete