Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Bump Day: 36 weeks!


Another sneak peek from Nary:)


Happy Bump Day everybody. Today marks the 36 week gestation period, meaning I have 4 weeks to go until my due date. However, I’ve been keeping two countdowns in my head simultaneously: 
1) countdown to due date (4 weeks) 
2) countdown to full term baby (1 week!). 

My goal is to have all major tasks completed and in place by next Wednesday. I have heard a lot of people speculating that our baby boy is going to be an early bird, so I want to make sure we are ready to go at a moment’s notice. 

Our hospital bags are packed. Our nursery furniture is assembled. Our car seat is ready for installation. Today I am finalizing my *birth plan* (aka ‘give me the drugs!’) which I will review with my midwife tomorrow. A lot is getting done and yet I feel like every task on my to-do list is a three headed monster. As soon as I accomplish something, I think of 3 new things that also need to be added to the list. 

I’m sure it’s normal to feel unprepared and overwhelmed. I’m just glad my nesting instincts finally kicked in because for a while there I was pretty good at procrastinating. We had some pretty gloomy weather yesterday evening, so I thought it was the perfect opportunity to move our weekly photo session indoors, especially since I had a brand new backdrop to pose in front of. So here is what baby boy (and his tired momma) looks like at 36 weeks.






1 comment:

  1. I love you and your baby boy! You look friggin fantastic....the furniture is great, bedding is perfect...basically you are ready, sister! I only wish I could be there to bring him into the world...it is literally killing me! But all will be good...love you.

    ReplyDelete