Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Highs and Lows: Tuesday Edition


Hello friends! The past few days have been a smorgasbord of family, friends, and Cajun food which is why I’ve been neglecting my blogging. I figured I’d do a quick update with my highs and lows while I have some downtime before the next seven days which include a daytrip to New Orleans (!), the Needtobreathe concert in Baton Rouge (!!), the LSU vs. South Carolina game in Death Valley(!!!), and a long weekend at the beach Gulf Shores(!!!!).
So let’s go ahead and get those pesky lows out of the way.
Lows:
1.Our flight from Paris to Minneapolis was inexplicably one and a half hours late arriving, meaning we missed our flight to New Orleans. Jonathan was running a terrible fever and feeling just awful. We ended up being re-routed through Memphis which added an additional flight and 4 hours onto our already long journey. By the time we arrived at my parents’ house in Covington, we had been travelling for 25+ hours and were in no shape to visit with the friends and family that were already there waiting for us and the several more who would be arriving in the morning. We had crossed over from exhausted straight into delirium. I felt like a walking zombie for most of the next day.
2. LSU apparently has zero offense and I have a feeling this is going to be a very very long and painful season.
3. Worst. Cramps. EVER. Bleh.
Highs (in no particular order)
1. Belated Birthday Cake.   
2. Temporary puppy dog replacements.

3. A beautiful stroll through beautiful Jackson Square on a beautiful autumn day.
4. Pool time. Hello there, tan lines. I'd forgotten what you looked like.

5. Girl time with my sister.
 6. Seafood Gumbo.
7. Quality time with my adorable, goofy and brilliant nephews.
8. Sibling bonding time.
9. A special trip to Cafe Du Monde for beignets and hot chocolate.

And you? What have been your highs and lows lately? 

2 comments:

  1. High: having an amazing week visiting with Faye and Donna with 7 days of perfect weather!
    Low: feeling overwhelmed with all that there is to do before I leave on Friday. This could technically turn into a high because all that is to do is in prep for going to Texas!

    Miss you, glad you're having a great time! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nasty travel experience, but I'm so glad to hear you are safe and enjoying family and friends!!! Praying you continue to have a blessed and joyous visit XOXO

    Low: saying goodbye to family and best friends

    High: In-laws visited and were super helpful/generous bringing together Mirabell's nursery + cake for dinner celebrating our 4th wedding anniversary

    ReplyDelete