Thursday, March 1, 2012

Before and After

There are moments in your life that stand out as distinct landmarks of Before and After. Yesterday our married life was divided into two categories: Before and After we expatriated from the US. Every blog post written before this was written without the knowledge that I have right now: we will be moving from Texas to Aberdeen, Scotland this coming May.

My parents lived in Aberdeen for about 3 years when I was in my early 20s and I was lucky enough to visit them twice; once by myself in winter and again with Jonathan in summer. The gloomy weather and lack of Jonathan made leaving Scotland the first time more bearable. During the second trip, the romantic scenery and perfect summer weather made me fall even more hopelessly in love with the country. I distinctly remember thinking: if it weren’t for my dogs, I’d never go back to the US.

I can’t believe that in as little as 2 months’ time, I could be walking in the Scottish hills with my hubby and two pups. It’s truly a dream come true; a truly adventurous, happily ever After.

No comments:

Post a Comment